Formlabs Engineering Flexible Resin
Use Flexible Resin to produce parts that bend and compress. Flexible is excellent for simulating soft-touch materials and adding ergonomic features to multi-material assemblies.
Flexible is a softer material, with a durometer of 80A close to that of rubbers used for shoe soles or tire treads. This elastic material has a low tensile modulus and high elongation.
- Cushioning and damping
- Functional prototypes
- Ergonomic prototyping: handles, grips
- Simulating soft-touch materials
- Adding soft overmolds to multi-material assemblies
NOT SUITABLE FOR:
- Simulating very high elongation materials (rubber band)
- Very fine features or thin walls
Good for: hearables prototyping; packaging; stamps.
Requires post-curing. Available layer heights: 100 and 50 microns.