3DxTech Thermax PPSU 500g
3DxTech Thermax PPSU 500g
Polyphenylsulfone (PPSF or PPSU) is a high-temperature aromatic sulfone polymer. Long considered to be one of the highest performance polymers in the plastics world.
Same Day Shipping
Why Puzzlebox 3D?
We are the Philippine’s leading supplier for Digital Fabrication equipment. We offer the largest selection of expertly curated 3D Printers, 3D Scanners, Thermoforming, Filament, Resins PEEK, Metal, Injection Moulding and Fablab equipment handpicked from across the globe.
THERMAX™ PPSF (PPSU) 3D PRINTING FILAMENT
Polyphenylsulfone (PPSF or PPSU) is a high-temperature aromatic sulfone polymer. Long considered to be one of the highest performance polymers in the plastics world. PPSF has excellent thermal and chemical resistance, making it well suited for demanding applications in automotive, aerospace, electronics, defense, industrial, medical, semi-con applications. Previously only available to Stratasys® customers – now you can print with this ultra performance polymer.
ThermaX™ is 3DXTECH’s brand of high-temperature polymers designed specifically for 3D printing the highest performance parts possible. PPSU is sold using names such as Solvay’s Radel R and BASF’s Ultrason P.
Attributes of Polyphenylsulfone PPSF (PPSU) include:
- Very high thermal properties with a Tg of 220°C and HDT of 205°C
- Excellent hydrolytic resistance
- High Environmental Stress Crack Resistance (ESCR)
- Outstanding impact resistance
- Highly resistant to gamma radiation – even in large doses (10 Mrd)
- Sterilization capable – including EtO gas, radiation, steam autoclaving, plasma, dry heat and cold sterilization.
- Resists most common automotive fluids, including gasoline, antifreeze, transmission fluid, motor oil, power steering fluid, windshield washer fluid (ESCR, 24hrs, 100°C)
- Inherently flame retardant with low smoke evolution and low smoke toxicity
- Excellent dimensional stability (low creep sensitivity and low, uniform coefficient of thermal expansion) and highly reproducible part-to-part dimensions
- Exceptional strength and modulus, even at elevated temperatures
- Diameter: 1.75mm (+/- 0.05mm)
- Density: 1.29g/cm3
Recommended Print Conditions: (starting points)
- Extruder Temp: 360 – 390°C (all-metal extruder)
- Bed Temp: 140-160°C
- Bed Prep: Ultem® Tape, Polyimide Tape, Lightly sanded FR4 or Perf board.
- Other: No cooling fan, Print speeds of 1000mm/min (starting point). We recommend printing within a heated enclosure or in a warm build environment.
- Drying Instructions: Please see the following instructions for when you want to dry out this filament, HERE. Solvay Radel BASF Ultrason